The General Hospital, located in the Health Sciences Centre, is the largest hospital in Newfoundland and Labrador and offers a wide variety of inpatient and outpatient services.
Ambulatory Treatment Clinic
- Assist in the ambulatory treatment clinic, providing light refreshments and company for the clients undergoing treatment.
- Assist health care and support staff in various clinic and office areas with a variety of clerical duties.
- Visit with patients and residents to offer companionship and support.
- Activities may include conversation, reading, games, puzzles and meal-time assistance.
- Participate in various fundraising activities (e.g. selling tickets, used book sales). Revenue generated contributes to the financial support of patient and resident care.
- Assist staff with the daily operation of the gift shop. Funds raised are used to purchase medical equipment and comfort items for patients.
- Visit nursing units to provide patients and residents with reading material.
- Share your musical talent by providing entertainment to residents and patients.
- Assist patients and visitors in navigating the hospital and finding their appointments.
Lesley Derraugh, coordinator, Volunteer Resources
300 Prince Philip Drive, St. John’s, NL A1B 3V6
Therapy Dog Program
St. John Ambulance Therapy dogs and their owners bring joy and comfort to residents. For information on volunteering, please contact St. John Ambulance staff at 709-726-4200.