The Waterford Hospital is the primary centre for the care and delivery of mental health and addictions programs, including urgent, acute and outpatient care, of adults within the province.
- Visit with patients and residents to offer companionship and support.
- Activities may include conversation, reading, games puzzles and meal-time assistance.
- Visit nursing units to provide patients and residents with reading material.
- Assist with various leisure and recreational activities including community outings, musical events, movie nights, bingo dancing and various seasonal events throughout the year.
- Share your musical talent by providing entertainment to residents and patients.
Sherrill Pike, coordinator, Volunteer Resources
306 Waterford Bridge Road, St. John’s, NL A1E 4J8
Therapy Dog Program
St. John Ambulance Therapy dogs and their owners bring joy and comfort to residents. For information on volunteering, please contact St. John Ambulance staff at 709-726-4200.