The Agnes Pratt Nursing Home officially opened in 1958 and has 36 beds. The home provides a safe, secure, home like environment respecting the dignity, privacy and autonomy of each person, while ensuring the involvement of family members in the care process.
- Visit with residents to offer companionship and support.
- Listen to and sharing stories, read, play cards and games, do puzzles and crafts.
- Assist staff with a variety of leisure and recreational activities including bowling, bingo, arts and crafts, musical events, movie nights, special events and community outings.
Mealtime Companion Program
- Assist residents to the dining area, socialize with residents during meals and provide assistance as needed.
- Share your musical talent by providing music and entertainment for music and social programs.
- Provide friendly customer service and assist with the daily operations of the shop.
Pastoral Care Services
- Assist pastoral care clergy and staff with regular monthly church services .
- Assist with moving residents to and from physiotherapy activities.
Community Companion Program
- Accompany residents to community activities and events.
Judy Cook – coordinator, Volunteer Resources
239 Topsail Road, St. John’s, NL A1E 2B4
Therapy Dog Program
St. John Ambulance Therapy dogs and their owners bring joy and comfort to residents. For information on volunteering, please contact St. John Ambulance staff at 709-726-4200.