The Caribou Memorial Veterans’ Pavilion shares property with the Dr. L.A. Miller Centre. This 56-bed facility serves as a residence for the veterans of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Volunteers visit with patients and residents to offer companionship and support.
- Activities may include conversation, reading, games puzzles and meal-time assistance.
- Volunteers travel along on shopping trips with staff and residents to assist with mobility, reaching and lifting.
- Volunteers will not shop alone on behalf of residents.
Therapy Dog Program
- St. John Ambulance Therapy dogs and their owners visit patients and residents bringing joy and comfort.
- For information, please contact St. John Ambulance staff at 709-726-4200.
- Volunteers assist with various leisure and recreational activities including community outings, musical events, movie nights, bingo dancing, and various seasonal events throughout the year.
Sherrill Pike – coordinator, Volunteer Resources