Pleasant View Towers is a large long-term care facility. Staff and volunteers provide resident-centered care that focuses on the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of residents.
- Visit with residents to offer companionship and support.
- Listen to and share stories, read, play cards and games, do puzzles and crafts.
- Assist staff with a variety of leisure and recreational activities including bowling, bingo, arts and crafts, musical events, movie nights, special and seasonal events and community outings.
- Share your musical talent by providing music and entertainment for music and social programs.
Mealtime Companion Program
- Assist at regular mealtimes, helping residents to the dining area, socializing with residents during meals and providing assistance where needed.
Pastoral Care Services
- Assist pastoral care clergy and staff with regular monthly church services.
Community Companion Program
- Accompany residents to community activities and events.
Judy Cook, coordinator, Volunteer Resources
65 Newfoundland Drive, St. John’s, NL A1A 0L7
Therapy Dog Program
St. John Ambulance Therapy dogs and their owners bring joy and comfort to residents. For information on volunteering, please contact St. John Ambulance staff at 709-726-4200.