St. Patrick’s Mercy Home has a long history of quality care and compassion. The home is committed to caring for the whole person, respecting the sacredness of life and the dignity of each individual.
- Visit with residents to offer companionship and support.
- Listen and share stories, read, play cards and games, doings puzzles and crafts.
- Assist staff with a variety of leisure and recreational activities including bowling, bingo, arts and crafts, musical events, movie nights, special and seasonal events and community outings.
Mealtime Companion Program
- Assist during regular mealtimes, assisting residents to the dinning area, socializing with residents during meals and assisting as needed.
- Share musical skills and talent by providing music and entertainment for resident music and social programs.
Resident Shopping Program
- Provide shopping services for residents at local retail outlets.
- Assist with moving residents to and from physiotherapy activities.
Red Rose Café
- Provide assistance with moving residents to and from the café and provide refreshments .
- Provide friendly customer service and assist with the daily operation of the gift shop.
Pastoral Care Services
- Assist pastoral care clergy and staff with regular monthly church services.
Community Companion Program
- Accompany residents to community activities and events.
Judy Cook, coordinator, Volunteer Resources
Therapy Dog Program
St. John Ambulance Therapy dogs and their owners bring joy and comfort to residents. For information on volunteering, please contact St. John Ambulance staff at 709-726-4200.